Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Sunday, November 8, 2009

More Mitten Progress~November In The Northwoods


I made a little more progress on the hooked mittens.  I steam blocked the hooked part and sewed together the wool palms.  The linings are lime green velour. Velour is not the easiest thing to cut and I wouldn't recommend cutting a double thickness of it like I did.  Trying to save time isn't worth it sometimes. Oh well, the linings won't show when they are done!
The weather was absolutely gorgeous around here this weekend.  Not your typical first week in November weather.  In the 60's and sunny, that is until we decided to take a drive to a remote area known as the Blue Hills.  The sun took a dive under the clouds and stayed there all afternoon.  No matter, it didn't spoil the beautiful scenery and quietness of the wilderness.  I'll leave you with some photos of our little jaunt.(and please please click on the photos for the enlarged view!)





>









1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pics!
    The mittens are looking great.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!