Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Saturday, March 23, 2013

"The Flower Pot" My Latest Hooked Rug Design!


( rug is 9.75 by  20 inches)

What do you think of the name of my latest hooked rug design? When I finished color planning and hooking this rug I was pleased with the overall results and a little stunned by how much the flower pot made its presence!  So in my mind's eye there could be no better name for it than "The Flower Pot"!  
One of my favorite things about Spring is digging out the old terra cotta flower pots that I've collected over the years and placing them in little groupings around the garden.
Some of the old ones have a mossy patina and some are decorated with stripes and the fading artwork of flower lovers of the past.
You could say my design is kind of a remembrance to the old terra cotta pots.
You can never have too many of them!
I hooked my rug using a wide 8.5 cut strip and used a #7cut for the stems to make them a little more fragile in appearance. But over all I wanted the rug to be very primitive so the wider strips worked well for that.
The design measures 9.75 by 20 inches.
It is a perfect size for those tall and narrow spaces and to hang on old cupboard doors!
The paper pattern is available now and the purchase price is 
$10.50 which includes the postage.

You are welcome to purchase the pattern here using the PayPal Button below or you can hop over to my selling blog for paper patterns and use the button there!
Either way it takes you to Paypal to complete your transaction.

I am happy to draw the pattern on premium quality Dorr Primitive Linen for those who do not want to transfer the pattern themselves.   Cost for the pattern drawn on linen is $30.00 plus postage. Please email me to order the pattern on linen.  

 "The Flower Pot" Paper Rug Hooking Pattern  
$10.50 incudes postage in USA




I hope you like my new Spring design!  It was fun to hook and would be an ideal pattern for those new to rug hooking. I can't wait to hear what you think!


Cathy G







15 comments:

  1. Love it...off to buy one now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too...I may have to get myself one, drawn out ...I hate transferring ....lol
    hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO Cathy ......I love the name you chose. Your little flowerpot rug will be a great addition to your list of beautiful creations. It's beautiful and you should be very pleased indeed. You are amazing me on how fast you are growing your business. Before long you will be recognized far and wide for your quality works.
    I'm so glad that I can follow your progress on here on your blog.

    I hope that you are having some blue skies and sunshine today.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute new design and great name. You just keep putting out new work and they are all lovely.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy, your creative mind has been hard at work. A perfect design to welcome Spring... I wish I were closer I'd so enjoy being part of your hooking group, I can tell you are a FUN, wonderful, patient teacher. My hook is doing nothing but gathering dust!! Let me just say visiting the Dorr Mill Outlet is like being a kid in a candy store!!!Enjoy the day, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy ~
    I just love it. Perfect color choices!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is beautiful! Let me get caught up on some projects here first and then I'll be ordering this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your new design.....i cant wait to get back home and start hooking once again.....thanks for the reminder of how much fun it is....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! The colors are beautiful!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very nice :) The name is perfect.
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it Cathy. I love the way you hook your backgrounds with a mix. I've never been able to master that. Any tips??

    ReplyDelete
  12. As with everything you design and hook, this is wonderful. It's the little things like the fun scallop and dots you have on the left side and the top. Just the right touch that makes it so Cathy. I am teaching a primitive class in June and your blog will be a big destination I will give to the students. Happy Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!