My efforts of last night and today are shown here with the creation of this advanced beginner rug hooking kit for one of my students. (notice the beading on the flower stem which I thought would give a beginner a little bit of a challenge)
- Drew the Pattern on backing ( on the straight of grain!!!!!)
- Cut the wool strips
- Hooked the pattern/ counting the number of strips it took for each element and the background
- Prepared another pattern on linen.
- Sorted the strips and labeled the bundles
- Measured the binding tape
- Photographed the subject
- Will be including a life size photograph in the pattern (9 by 7 inches)
- I hope she likes it.
- It was really rather fun creating my first kit! Maybe if I had a different cutter I would consider making some of these to sell. Or maybe I need to just go ahead and make some to sell and then use the money for a new cutter!