Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Saturday, December 2, 2017

December? Really???


How can it be?  There's absolutely no snow on the ground here in northern Wisconsin!  The calendar however says it's time to haul out some Christmas decorations... 
I've decided to keep  the
decorating really really simple this year..putting out a little bit  in each room... just enough to make the season bright. 


















Monday our carpenter friend is coming to help trim out the new windows we had put in last month. So a little more saw dust will join the regular dust around here.
I like sawdust.  I know the work is getting done.
I hope you are finding  joy and happiness as you decorate your homes this blessed season.

I'll be looking for that little snow in the forecast this coming week.  
Just enough to make everything white and sparkly!
Our dog Max loves the snow.


Be Merry,
Cathy G


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love your Santa towel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple decorating looks great...love the sleigh bells and that bottom cupboard can come to Ohio anytime, totally drool worthy...no snow here in Ohio either...wish I could request it to be everywhere but the streets and parking lots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned your picture of the step back cupboard - love it! I'm only slightly/lightly decorating too. Christmas will be here before you know it. Yes, I was working outside, here in Ringle, WI with a light jacket. Don't get me wrong, I was able to clean up some messes around the barn and it was nice not to have the snow. But, I miss it....remind me in January....that I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very warm decorating.. beautiful. unless it is just a light dusting I will pass on the snow wish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your simple decorating. Sure wish I could do that...lol. Maybe next year!
    Fall-like temps here in northern Ohio. I will be raking leaves this afternoon. Not my favorite thing but a necessary evil. I have these crazy maple (yes, maple!) trees that do not lose all their leaves until mid/late December.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea on your header also the white buttons in a tray with bottle brush trees.
    your home is always lovely
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Christmas decor, just the right touches and a warm cozy feel.
    I am happy without snow, lol, I like getting out on the beach and hiking as long as I can, but snow is fun too and my pup loves it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. those ice-snowflakes are delightful!!!! love the minimal decorating for the holidays ~ simple is best <3
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cathy,
    So much to love about this post!! Your header is lovely, as is each picture! Your camera takes such good shots!! I'm afraid we need a new one as it gets more difficult to get true colors!! I'm with you.....can't believe it is December already!!!!!
    Have a wonderful week, Cathy!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas at your house looks wonderful! Love that gorgeous green wall pocket...such lovely wear. The cupboard is a real beauty and so useful. I'm going for the simple look, as well. The boxes in the garage are thinning out!
    Stay warm...I hear there's a cold front on the way,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cathy, I like minimal decorating anymor, maybe it's my growing age! LOL
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you're looking to burn fat then you certainly need to get on this totally brand new custom keto meal plan.

    To create this keto diet, licensed nutritionists, fitness couches, and top chefs have united to develop keto meal plans that are effective, decent, economically-efficient, and fun.

    Since their launch in early 2019, 1000's of clients have already transformed their body and health with the benefits a great keto meal plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-certified ones offered by the keto meal plan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot thank lemeridian funding service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : . lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!