Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Autumn Valley Hook-in Stillwater, MN... tons of photos!!!


A trip with my friend Lisa to the Autumn Valley Hook-in in Stillwater, MN was just the medicine I needed!!  I haven't been to a hook-in for at least four years and I was ITCHING to go!!  Well... it didn't disappoint!  I met people who I had only talked with online and practically all my hooking friends from our group who meet here every month were in attendance!
Warning.... TONS of photos follow!  I will try and explain as I go and hope I remember everything!
My brain is a little tired from all the excitement and inspiration overload today!

The very first booth just inside the door was Cathy Stephan from Red Barn Rugs in Hamburg, WI.  I have been wanting to meet Cathy since we share the same first name spelled with a C and we share the love of rug hooking!  Her business name is similar also with Red Barn and mine being Red House! LOL!  We must both like red buildings! LOL!


My friends and hooking group are shopping a little in Cathy's booth!

Lisa was shopping like a maniac! She was so excited as it was her first hook-in ever!  I almost had to tie her up as she raced from booth to booth!  Do you think she had a wonderful time?!! 

Cathy herself... I know she was warm from the rush to set up her booth and besides that it was raining pretty good when the vendors arrived... around 6:30 am to be ready for the doors to open at 9:00!  It takes a good amount of time to set up and haul all that lovely wool in and hang the rugs!  These girls work hard for every cent!

A favorite in Cathy's booth this pumpkin rug! And all those gorgeous yarns!! 

Another favorite in Cathy's booth this wonderful sheep rug/pillow!!  Oh my how I love this!!


And.... this was the raffle rug the hook-in committee hooked!  OH MY!  LOVE!!   I wonder who won this fabulous piece? It was called Sherlock and Watson!  Designed by Carol Rae Dunn. 


Lisa found Lauri Lausen from L.J. Fibers at the Wooly Red Rug in her booth!

Laurie has this fabulous new book out... a wonderful collection of Herbal Folklore and hooked and punched projects!  Of course a copy had to come home with me!!  I can't wait to snuggle in bed this evening and savor each page.... that is if I can stay awake... 


Some projects in the book.... I just love the softer color pallet and dyed wool!

More applique and punch needle from Laurie's book!

There was a nice variety of vendors at this show! This is Mayumi Takahashi sporting her hand made jewelry!  It was fabulous!  She was part of a group called Creative Juice Commissary. The photo below shows some of their work collectively.

Kim Kaelin from FancyThisFolkArt.com was part of this group along with Pat Weaver, Judy King,Teresa Jacobson, Mary Beth Schuller.

More items in the Creative Juice Commissary Booth!




And really... there IS actual hooking going on!! 


You might even see a little knitting going on!


A small rug show of course! 
I tried to get the names of the rug's makers on the  second photo following the rug photos. 
I know I didn't get all of them so bear with me....









This was a fabulous Waldoboro style rug ( hooked and sculpted)!


















Any one recognize the lovely lady in this photo? Why yes it is Sharon Smith! I didn't get a chance to talk to her personally... but seeing a famous designer was very fun!! 






Ginny Glover from Cabin Fever Hooked Rugs had a very very lovely booth! I have always admired her work and her booth didn't disappoint!

This great rug on display in her booth features some wonderful spot dye wools....

This hand-dyed sparkle wool in her booth really caught my eye!!!

Some more of that sparkle overdyed in a rich pumpkin!!  Ohhh... I want some to just pile up and look at!! 

More of Ginny's rugs..


And the day was over all too soon... I even came home with a little door prize...



....this wonderful little hand-made basket and small cutting board from Village Crafters booth!
Yay! I never win anything and this was especially fun... the basket is the perfect size to hold my business cards in the studio!
The icing on the cake to a perfect day!
(A special Thank you to my friend Lisa for driving me around and getting us there and back in record time!)  
Cathy G



21 comments:

  1. Cathy,
    It looks like a wonderful hook in. Aren't they fun?
    I just love Cathy Stephan. I was fortunate to have her for a teacher at Cedar Lakes rug camp in May and will have her again next year.
    Thanks for the rug show. So much talent. What are your hooking?
    Happy fall,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Such beautiful and creative works! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your pictures say it all. This looks like so much fun.
    My head would have been spinning. Eye candy - everywhere !
    Thank you for sharing.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you and Lisa had a very good time in Stillwater. Great pictures....Irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous day! thanks for sharing it Cathy...the raffle rug is gorgeous and that tub of pennies...definitely a fabulous day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your door prize and tub of precut pennies!!!!!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say that was some sweet icing on that cake! Wonderful photos of the rugs and the fun, thanks for sharing. Lisa did look like a kid waking up to Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could sense your pleasure and joy in reading this post. So glad you had a good time.. and to visit with a newbie had to be fun too.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow !!! So many beautiful rugs !!! What a wonderful day you had !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful show! Thanks for sharing all this talent with us.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful day!!! I remember my first hook in I wanted to buy everything and see everything
    Wonderful pictures

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what fun! I'm just beginning at rug hooking. Have wool and hook - good start eh. 😊 Glad you were able to have an enjoyable "get away."

    ReplyDelete
  13. one day I want to come up to where you girls are and play! looks like a fabulous event and thank you for taking the time to share with us :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a very fun event and so many talents under one roof and good medicine.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much eye candy! So many beautiful rugs. How can you not have a great time. Enjoy you day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are all so wonderful!
    So glad you got to go!
    Love the basket!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to see you again Cathy and to meet Lisa! Thanks for stopping & shopping and taking photos! It was a fun day:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun day I was sorry to miss it. Next year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The IP address, 192.168.0.1, is a secluded IP address that is extensively utilized by router producers
    19216801iplogin.co/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!