Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Saturday, July 15, 2017

When the Going Gets Tough....

The two Betsys hold Betsy's ( on the left) patriotic whale rug!  She used a great gold wool to hook the background!  Just love how it's turned out!

You know what they say!  Yes... "The Tough Get Going!"  That's my mantra these past few days.  The heartbreak of  losing our dear little Smokey is still fresh on our minds but you know what helps is having good friends come around and share their delightful work.  Several of us in our hooking and sewing group have lost those close to us in the past few months.  Some are undergoing health issues... Saundra, Lorena, and Sharon we are thinking of you and hope you can join us again soon!



Betsy ( it's so fun having two Betsy's in our group) and they are SIL's, has finished her little patriotic cat rug with that same gold background I believe!  So sweet!  And look at that darling little leather suitcase she found at a flea market!  OMG it makes the perfect little sewing tote!  So jealous you found that Betsy and only 15.00!!   

Betsy has finished her hooked rug footstool!  And it is GORGEOUS!!  



And she's started this chicken rug... this is only a day or so of hooking.... she's catching up to Lisa!!!  


Rhonda our newest member is making more wool appliquéd and crocheted bags.  She's used the designs in Rebekah Smith's first Wool Applique book.


Love her beautiful stitching!!


The colors in this one are fabulous!  I believe she sold this one to one of our gals here!!

Rhonda starts hooking a new rug also!  She has a great eye for design and color!

And Nancy with her handy dandy needle in hand is working on a quilt block! A winter theme and of course I can't tell you who the designer is!  Please help me out and comment if you know.
I'm so bad at writing things down during our hook-in day as it gets so busy!


Had to show you my Mullien weed!  Would you look how tall this crazy thing has gotten!  Dave measured it and it's over 7 feet tall!   The yellow flowers keep blooming up and down the the top stem thingy!   I know there must be a name for it... comment if you know! 

**************
I'd like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your kind words of sympathy and caring about the loss of our Smokey!  
It sure helps to know so many of you know the feelings we have, having lost a dear pet of your own. 
Your words and cards have meant so much!
I can't begin to tell you how much it means also that you keep following here on the blog. 
I'm determined to post a little more now that I have a little more time.
There's projects in the works here at the Greschner household.
Some things I've been wanting to do to the house are getting a start!

Here's a sneak peak until next time....


Cathy G





9 comments:

  1. Love seeing all the great projects! See you next month!! Can't wait! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she has any more bags for sale please ask her to email me! Love them so much. Paracletedesigns@gmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love, love, love Rhonda's project. Just so beautiful.

    I'm thinking of you and how you miss Smokey. Warm Canadian Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely work! Does Rhoda have a website?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, Cathy, in the old days they made candy from the Mullien weed tops/flowers. Fun to see so many familiar faces. Try to get up there next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the going gets tough--beautiful rugs are hooked, and wool becomes appliqué, and flowers bloom. Being able to work with our hands is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have got so many very talented artists there! Love the pictures and their projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
    I am so sorry to hear about your dear Smokey. It truly is losing a family member. I'm not sure the hurt ever goes away.
    Hugs,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Billy Ocean's official music video for 'When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going (Version 2 ...
    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!