Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My Newest Rug Hooking Pattern Release! ~Tree Birds~ 18 by 28 1/2



Well it's been a long time coming!  But I finally have a new design to add to my pattern selections! I am happy to present to you "Tree Birds"!  I went days trying to come up with a name for this rug... nothing felt just right...but the song Free Bird ( a favorite old rock song of mine..tee hee) kept popping into my head.  Hence... Tree Birds!  LOL!  I guess you just never know where inspiration may come from. 

But seriously... the birds are inspired by those I've seen on antique fractur art. The tree is patterned after the tree of life that is often seen on antique textiles and artwork, with my own spin on it of course!  The heart at the base of the tree signifies the love which nourishes and holds family and friends together and keeps the tree strong.    There is plenty of opportunity for you to personalize this pattern... perhaps adding initials to the heart for a newly married couple or older couple celebrating a milestone anniversary.  The date can be changed appropriately if you so desire. 
It's an overall antique inspired design that I hope will add warmth and meaning to a special area in  your home.

I have the paper pattern listed in my Etsy shop HERE.  

The pattern is 18 by 28 1/2 inches and ready for you to transfer without having to enlarge it. 



I thank you for being patient with me and also for your continued support of me and my little pattern business!  Life for me right now has been pretty stressful dealing with my Mom's congestive heart failure and keeping my studio and shop going as well.
Maybe one day I'll be free as a bird!  

Until then I'll try to find contentment in the present.
It's not always easy....but 
hooking and designing and teaching others the love for this craft keeps me 
thinking positive!
It's all good!

Cathy G




17 comments:

  1. Love it, Cathy!
    Can you show us the wool you used for the outer border? Thanks.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, your colors are gorgeous. Can't wait to see it on person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, your colors are gorgeous. Can't wait to see it on person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful rug with a fitting name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, the rug is wonderful, I love it, especially the colors of the leaves. You did a great job, this might have to be my next rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Please share the wools you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your designs. This one is just so pretty. I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers. Its so hard to go through that, the ups and downs of each day.
    I am going over to visit your shop now. :) It was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I said I wasn't going to get anymore patterns and yep I ordered it.
    Love it Cathy! So sorry your mom is not well.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to say I will keep your mom in my prayers. It is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pattern,,,, very sweet,,,, great colors,,,, enjoy ur posts,,, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy this is just gorgeous!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us today.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new design is lovely, Cathy! The colors are great and love how you hooked it. One of my favorites! Take care, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. I greedily ordered it too. Can't wait for it to get here. Hugs to you and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a wonderful pattern, and I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just lovely! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!