Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Saturday, May 11, 2013

A SIMPLY Primitive Shop Tour... Come along!



Yesterday Dave and I went for a short drive to my friend Vicki's primitive shop!  Remember Vicki was one of my beginning rug hooking students in my last class... she has started on her next hooking project and is hooking "The Flower Pot," my latest design.  Her hooking is fabulous as is her sweet primitive shop which you are about to see! 

Vicki calls her shop Simply


So come along now.... we have a LOT to see!


The entrance is a wonderful old covered porch with a tin ceiling!  The ceilings in the shop are all old salvaged tin as well
So many primitive goodies on that porch!   Took me awhile to even get in the door!


















This neat primitive birdhouse really caught my eye!





One of the sweetest things in the shop of course is the proprietor herself! Vicki waits on a customer who was loading up the goodies!  The laughter and good energy abound here!  The walls radiate with home sweet home and primitive comfy  coziness!






There is just the right blend of old and worn with  hand made like this simple and sweet little pillow. I love the stitched saying.



There's a majestic metal and wooden angel...




and a very primitive angel with wonderful quilted wings!



Old galvanized tubs full of flowers and ....



Shelves full of homespuns, linens and old quilts!



Even Betsy Ross is perched on a shelf quietly stitching her flag!  





There is a whole lot of great primitive flags and buntings to choose from!  Dave bought me one of the outdoor buntings for the front deck for Mother's Day!  I am a dog mother of two furry boys don't forget!  :-)



There are Mothers who I'm sure can identify with the saying in this neat piece with the sweet old photo! 





You can never leave a place without a peek into the washroom!  Just a peek... there's more stuff to see outside!!




Like this WONDERFUL old painted wheelbarrow!!   Want!!!




And these adorable little pigs who appeared to have just flown in and landed with their little blue and red wings!   The gardens are whimsical and charming even though they are waiting  the first little blooms with our late Spring here in northern WI! 




This huge old slowly spinning metal wind turbine sits in the yard and makes your blood pressure come down a notch or two as you gaze upon it!  Vicki's hubby owns a salvage yard and brings her the most awesome things she turns into yard art and goodies for her shop!  Now that's a match made in heaven!
So if you live in or are traveling to this neck of the woods.... about 3 miles north of Trego on a hill on Highway 53 you'll find one of our state's little treasures of a shop named simply...


SIMPLY





Hope you enjoyed the tour!

Cathy G










14 comments:

  1. What a FUN shop! It must have been awesome to visit :) Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I want to shop there so bad, so many wonderful prim goodies there......thanks for showing us this great shop, Happy Mothers Day, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE take me with you the next time you go there!!!! I saw MANY wonderful things that I'd love to have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Cathy,what a cute little shop. Love so many things as Sherry said. What a fun place to visit. I'll put it on my places to visit someday list! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shop! Love the Betsy Ross doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, Thank you for the tour of a wonderful shop...would love to be able to visit there! I also LOVE the rug in your header...perfect!

    Happy Mother's Day!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just loved the tour of SIMPLY. Looks like it was a fun visit.
    Happy Mother's Day!
    ~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great shop for primitive hunters. I bet that it's difficult for you to go home empty handed. The birdhouse also caught my eyes and also that tall majestic angel made out of wood and metal and the red wooden wagon. Very impressive piece that angel.

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Cathy , mother of two beautiful fur babies.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun shop!!!Oh how I wish I could visit
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! What a wonderful shop!!! What a lovely relaxing day you must have had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful tour of the shop. I loved that birdhouse and wooden angel with metal wings. I think they would have gone home with me had I been there.

    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Kathy,
    I'm so happy you posted about Vicki's shop - I know Vicki and met her many times at wholesale shows but never been to her shop...the end of July we will be in her area (and yours) and so I'm sooooo stopping at her shop.
    Thanks for all the wonderful photos for us to see what beautiful prim treasures she has.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cathy,
    What a treat to tour that wonderful primitive shop. I could drop some serious coin there. Love those pigs!! Just a little far to drive!

    trisha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing! I hope that when I am up in Hayward this summer I can sneak off for a little adventure and locate this shop :)
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!