Who is Orange Sink?

My photo
Rice Lake, WI, United States
My home town is Rice Lake, a small town in northern Wisconsin. I own Red House Wool Studio~ an in-home wool and rug hooking business. I enjoy collecting and decorating with antiques and primitives. Orange Sink Blog is a journal of my interests and ramblings about life. Cathy Greschner

Email Me Here

Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Beautiful Basket Maker


When Sherri told me she was a basket maker I had no idea the artistry I was about to behold when she arrived with a load of her gorgeous woven treasures.
It was pure eye candy watching as she took each tiny basket from another larger basket and talked about the materials such as pine needles (the one in the above photo) ash, oak, willow and birch bark that she uses to create her masterpieces.




The beadwork, colorful dyed reeds, creative shapes and finishes on her baskets speak of the love she has for her craft.
Exquisite attention to detail is evident on every one down to the tiniest little buttocks basket that is barely an inch tall.
So wonderful and sweet!







More beadwork dazzles and delights the eye!  








I loved this nice large design with soft brown leather lining the handles and could visualize it filled to the brim with freshly dyed wool! 



Another large beauty.... so intricate I cannot imagine how she does it!



So delicate and I love the design work on this one!







Fabulous work!





 Please allow me the pleasure of introducing the beautiful basket maker Sherri Beyrer!  She is now adding hooked rugs to her list of creative talents!  She  also stitches and enjoys designing her own greeting cards.

It's been such a pleasure getting to know Sherri these past few weeks after she decided to take my rug hooking class.  She has three boys ages 20, 23 and 25.  She doesn't look a day over 25 herself, don't you think?

It has to be all the fresh air and hard work that she and her husband are enjoying on the dairy farm they own and operate.

Thank-you Sherri for allowing me to share these fabulous works of your hand and a little about you here on my blog.

We welcome you to the world of rug hooking and look forward to seeing some of your rugs in the near future! I know you will be good and bind them right away too!!   

                                                  Hugs!
                                                Cathy G
  

      





20 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! an artist in basket weaving for sure. they are so beautiful, Thanks for sharing Cathy, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you for sharing the work of an incredible artist.
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing...I love them all. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...Beautiful baskets !!! She looks 20 !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy I am blown away by the artistry & talent of your new friend!!! I had done shows for over 30 years and when John became disabled from the Fire Department ,before he was put on oxygen & my knee surgery we went to other states to do shows. Twice a year to Sturbridge & Cape Cod (which we LOVED) to do shows. The point to all that rambling is,that I've seen many many basket makers and your new friend is THE BEST I've ever seen and I've seen some really good ones!!! But even though I can only see the pictures of them,they ALL look SO unique & very well done!!! Not that I could probably afford them,but does she sell them anywhere?? If she doesn't she sure should!! I love the green one in her lap!!! And you're right she does look more the age of her sons than their mother lol!!! Thanks for sharing such beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sherri does beautiful work. Thanks for introducing this talented and beautiful lady.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness her work is amazing and I have seen alot of handmade baskets but those are something else....and she does not look at all like she had children in their 20's lucky lady 😀
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took a couple basket making classes once.....my humble primitive baskets took so much effort.....I totally admire the talents of an artist who can weave together such beauties as these.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh ,those baskets are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing her beautiful work.Be blessed,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Sherry ~ I've seen lots of baskets done by artists and these are really unusual! Thanks for sharing and would like to know if any are for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Cathy, your friend's baskets are wonderful. I'd love to know if any are for sale too. Love baskets... your header is awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! those are amazing, works of art!
    loved them all, esp. the one with the lid!
    no she looks too young or kids that age!
    quite a lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful, does she have a selling site?

    ReplyDelete
  14. How absolutely gorgeous. Each of her baskets a work of art !
    Your friend has a gift ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE baskets, and these are just fabulous! Thanks for sharing all the gorgeous photos, Cathy! Also, love the little rug on your banner.
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness....Sherri's baskets are absolutely gorgeous!!! So unique and wonderful. She truly is an artist. I bet she will make some pretty awesome rugs too!! Thank you to Sherri and you Cathy for sharing them with us. BTW, Sherri is a very pretty, young looking mom of those grown boys!! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful baskets! And such a variety! Being a basket maker i can see just how talented she is!! Thanks for sharing i know she will love hooking and has a great teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you know that that you can make cash by locking premium pages of your blog or site?
    Simply join AdWorkMedia and use their Content Locking plugin.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.
    Robinets de Baignoire

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank-you!